On The Twelfth Day of Christmas
As we’ve (hopefully) taught you through these 12 days of Christmas, social media for business is all about finding new and more effective ways to engage with your target audience. Whether that means starting meaningful conversations on Twitter, getting more sales from Facebook ads or increasing brand awareness increasing Instagram followers, engagement is where it’s at.
What’s the best way to increase engagement for YOUR business? That’s where social media strategy comes in. Your social media strategy should begin by asking these questions:
- Where does my target audience ‘live’ on social media?
- Do I already know these platforms or do I need help learning them (or do I need to hire someone to do them for me)?
- How much time do I or one of my staff members have to devote to social media on a regular basis? How many platforms can we effectively manage during that time?
- How much money am I willing to invest in social media advertising, consulting or management?
- What are my goals for my social media campaigns?
If you’ve answered these questions, you’re already way ahead of most business owners dipping their toes in the social media waters. Even though social media is free (for the most part) and seems easy (on the surface), that doesn’t mean it doesn’t require a plan, investment of time and money and tracking to see results.
Want to chat about social media strategy with a few guys and gals who live and breathe social? You know where to find us, and we’d LOVE to be your e-Team!